Preparing for a Colonoscopy
Preparation for Colonoscopy - for patients of Dr. Seth Gendler
1. Stop all aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and/or blood thinning medications 1 week before the procedure.
2. If necessary, make an appointment for pre-op clearance with your internist.
3. The day before your procedure, you may have a light breakfast and lunch.
Please call the GI unit at 914.365.3293 the day before your procedure, between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM to confirm the time of your arrival.
4. At 5:00 PM, have a clear fluid dinner, (chicken broth, 7up, apple juice, jello (no red), etc.
5. At 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM drink 1.5 oz of Fleets Phosphosoda with 2 glasses of clear fluid. (You may also mix the phosphosoda with a clear fluid.)
You may have clear fluids until midnight, however nothing after midnight.
6. On the morning of your procedure, take any medications before _________ AM.
7. Take 1 Fleet Enema at _____ AM, and take another Fleet Enema at ______ AM.
8. If you have MVP or a heart murmur, take ______ pills at _________ & then another ________ pills at _____________.
9. Please report to the GI Unit on the 8th floor of Sound Shore Medical Center at __________ for your procedure.
Parking is available in the visitor’s parking lot directly across from the main entrance of the hospital. Someone in the GI unit will validate parking.
10. Someone must pick you up at __________.
If you have any questions, please call our office at (914) 235-9333.